Thursday, November 17, 2011

Marriage....

I've been married for 2 1/2 years. My husband and I met at the middle school that I had been teaching at for 3 years....I kept hearing about this 'hot history teacher' and I kept telling people I was IN A RELATIONSHIP and needed no distractions.

Then I walked into the library and it was all over. Literally, our eyes met across the room and it was 'a moment'. I ended up teasing the crap out of him later, which lead to me handing out my phone number (to let him know when we played volleyball...which he sucked at) and the rest is history.

That was 5 years ago.

Getting married is fun. Gifts, attention, good food, honeymoon.....

Being married - entirely different story.

Being legally and religiously linked to someone does something to people. Well, that and signing an inch thick mortgage agreement.

I went though so many stages....losing who I was, then gaining her back, then wondering how the hell this was ever going to work....now, as is with work, I appear to be finding my niche in my own marriage. There are things that I do and he does. He gets out of school earlier and is closer so he comes home and plays with the dog and usually takes care of dinner. I come home, straighten up and bug him. On weekend, it flips around and he goes out to play in the shed while I putter around the house with the vacuum cleaner. While there are still changes that I would like to see, it seems as if somehow, this is working out. Like the kids at school, he did get under my skin and TRUST ME, he still does from time to time....but somehow it doesn't bother me as badly. There are still some things that I need to get across to him....and he's learning.

But we've got time.....

Right now, he's curled up next to me, buried in blankets and pillows....ear plugs in and the doggie boo nestled at his feet,

It's good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment