Sunday, January 1, 2012

The New Year

I know it's been a long time....I guess I'm having trouble finding time for me....

It has been a busy month. With the end of school in sight for the Winter break, the kids got a little crazy. A few fights and suspensions later, we ESCAPED for the break. I had 2 games of volleyball that evening and then home to pack...for two weeks.

Those of you that may not know, I am NOT a fan of the holidays for one simple reason - travel. Traveling SUCKS and it seems that it is all of what we do at this time of year. While it is wonderful to see family and friends, the process of packing, unpacking, and repacking takes a toll on us. This year was no exception. We drove to Roanoke to visit one sister, spent 2 days. Left, drove to Cincy OH to visit sister #2 for an evening, then drove to Columbus to see my parents. We did also manage to slip in a trip to BGSU, where I was able to see my college roommate and her adorable son (she is getting her phD) as well as visit with an aunt and uncle and their kids on the way back. After a few days to recoup, we left Christmas Day for PA to visit my husband's family...which also entailed driving around since they are divorced. The only time my husband and I spent truly together has been the last 4 days....2 at Seven Springs (his gift from me) and 2 at home....cleaning and getting ready to go back to school.

I am DONE with this whole traveling crap. It was absolutely lovely to see everyone and spend time with family....but this holiday was stressful simply because of all the time spent in the car. I keep telling myself that next year will be different...but it's always the same. I keep thinking that next Christmas, we will have a baby so we will have an excuse NOT to travel...but that is still NOT a reality (and a whole other story altogether).

I am tired. I shouldn't be tired after 2 weeks off from school.

Tomorrow, it all starts again. School, kids, volleyball, taking care of the house....

I am determined this year to STOP looking into the future for things to change. I want to start living NOW. Go to the gym as often as I can, join up in WeightWatchers AGAIN....and make it stick so I can feel good about myself again. Stop looking forward to days off of school and enjoy the fact that I have a job. Stop thinking about when and where we will be moving next....and start enjoying the life we have now. Stop worrying about getting pregnant and just enjoy the silence in my house.

I know this is typical 'January 1st' bull....but it sounds good eh?

Oh....I want to write in this more....lol.....

No comments:

Post a Comment